Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Counting up the books I reviewed for 2013, I read only 33 books.  That's a far cry from the 80 or so books I read in 2012.

My work schedule definitely changed in 2013 making it so I had less free time to read.  I read several other books but they were junk books not worth reviewing.  I found myself reading more junk books because I only had 5 minutes here and there rather than 15-20 minutes to actually get more out of my book at each setting.  My schedule has made it so I understand the magazine readers more.  It's easier to read something quick and easy if you only have 5 or 10 minutes in a setting.  It's much harder to get through an involved plot line if you don't have 30 minutes or more to invest to get into a book.

In the new year, I am hoping to finish the 13 books that I started in my Kindle but haven't finished.  I also have a few books (you know, the old-fashioned paper kind) that I have started but not finished.  I would also like to work on reading through the Authors card game.  I have all the books and poems from the game on my Kindle.

No comments: