Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

This is book 12 in the Southern Vampires Series.  I have thoroughly enjoyed these books but I am thinking Harris needs to take a break from them or finish the series once and for all.

There was a lot going on but also not a lot going on. I felt like she spends way too much time reiterating information we got in the past.  I've said it before and it still stands.  If someone picks up a "series" book mid-series rather than starting from book 1, they will miss a few things and they should just deal with it or go get book 1 and start from there.

All in all, it didn't resolve much with Sookie and the vampires.  Her relationship with the werewolves seems about the same.  Her relationships with humans seem to be about the same if suffering slightly from a whirlwind of fairy activity.  The fairy equation was tied up pretty nicely.

I am thinking one more book, maybe two and Sookie can live happily ever after not being in the middle of vampire, werewolf, shifter and fae wars all the time.  Maybe not.

On a side note, I have finally let go of how True Blood is not sticking to the books.  I am looking at the HBO series as an alternate Sookie universe.

No comments: