Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Awakened (Vampire Awakenings)

Awakened (Vampire Awakenings) by Brenda K. Davies

This is what I can only hope is young adult literature.  The story is pretty boring.  I stopped halfway through and read a whole bunch of other books and then I just decided to get it over with and finish it.

The characters are college-aged (sort of).  It's your basic "girl meets hot bad boy" story except, of course, that the bad boy is a vampire.  He and his vampire buddies are mostly lame.  They haven't really taken time to explore their vampire selves.  They have spent their time hanging out in frat houses and giving college girls weird "hickeys".

There are two books in this series and she's written another series (Destined) that seems equally vapid.

I don't think I'll be reading any more of this series or any others by this author anytime soon.

No comments: